What is it?
Your Care Connected (YCC) is a ‘local scheme’ that is running in Birmingham, Sandwell and Solihull. It is designed to allow doctors, nurses and other registered healthcare professionals to view information from your GP record with your permission.
How does this help me?
- Care given to you in an emergency situation is safer.
- More secure and quicker than sending a fax or letter through the post.
- Provides information such as medication and the results of any recent medical tests (such as blood tests or x-rays). This can mean the tests would not have to be repeated by the hospital.
Who can access my information?
Only people involved directly in your care and with your permission can access your information.
All of the organisations below are running the Your Care Connected scheme:
- Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital
- Good Hope Hospital
- Heartlands Hospital
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Solihull Hospital
- NHS 111
- Birmingham Community Healthcare
- Birmingham Women’s Hospital
- John Taylor Hospice
- St Mary’s Hospice
- The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital
- West Midlands Ambulance Service
- Forward Thinking Birmingham (age 0-25 Mental Health Service)
- Birmingham City Hospital
- Sandwell General Hospital
- Marie Curie Solihull Hospice
What information is held?
- Your record will include information such as; allergies, medication, vaccinations and immunisations, test results, medical problems, end of life wishes and any current treatment.
- Not all of your GP record is available through Your Care Connected. Information such as IVF treatment, HIV and AIDS status, sexual health information and termination of pregnancy information will not be available.