This is the privacy notice of Cofton Medical Centre (the Practice) In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refers to Cofton Medical Centre, 2 Robinsfield Drive, West Heath, Birmingham B31 4TU.
Telephone number: 0121 693 5777
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came in to force on May 2018.
Patient Information Leaflet
You can download or view our Patient information leaflet about GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring the Practice remains compliant at all times with Data Protection, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations, Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations. The Data Protection Officer shall:
- Lead on the provision of expert advice to the Practice on all matters concerning the Data Protection Act, compliance, best practice and setting and maintaining standards
- Inform and advise the organisation and its employees of their data protection obligations under the GDPR
- Monitor the organisation’s compliance with the GDPR and internal data protection policies and procedures. This will include monitoring the assignment of responsibilities, awareness training, and training of staff involved in processing operations and related audits
- Advise on the necessity of data protection impact assessments (DPIAs), the manner of their implementation and outcomes
- Serve as the contact point to the data protection authorities for all data protection issues, including data breach reporting.
The DPO will be independent and an expert in data protection. The DPO will be the Practice’s point of contact with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Practice Data Protection Officer is provided by SDS Myhealthcare. Any queries regarding Data
Protection issues should be addressed to him at: –
Name: SDS MyHealthcare
Email: [email protected]
Postal: West Heath Medical Centre
194-196 West Heath Road
Compliance with the Law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
Further Information – Understanding Patient Data
Understanding Patient Data’ supports better conversations about the uses of health information. Our aim is to explain how and why data can be used for care and research, what’s allowed and what’s not, and how personal information is kept safe. We work with patients, charities and Healthcare Professionals to champion responsible use of data.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.